Head Market Access & External Affairs.
The Head Market Access & External Affairs (MAX & EA) has overall responsibility for securing target reimbursement, funding, and market access in Sweden.
He or she leverages on a deep understanding of the local political environment, healthcare structure and regulations to devise MAX & EA initiatives that will provide a sustainable competitive advantage in a given business environment. The Head MAX & EA leads the Swedish market access team and all the Swedish market access activities including planning, execution and associated resource allocation.
The Head MAX & EA, is member of the Swedish Leadership Team, and will together with this team ensure a strong local culture, highly motivated team members, cost management and financial performance as well as creating an agile, innovative and cross-functional organization, based on market dynamics and customer needs.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Be a leader and a coach to the market access team
• Prices, reimbursement and funding: -Ensures target reimbursement and funding, optimal bidding strategy in tenders, develops innovative pricing schemes, and leads local negotiations with Health Authorities -In collaboration with HEOR team ensures relevant health economic evaluations and evidence generation to support access and funding -Ensures target prices of launch and in market brands. Proactively monitors pricing developments, potential pricing threats, and seeks pricing opportunities -Understands payers’ requirements and needs, and are able to build strong value communication based on health economic evidence, epidemiological studies, clinical data, and budget impact analyses to support funding and price negotiations
• Establishes and maintains a strategic network of key stakeholders, payers, and Health Economic opinion leaders in Sweden by means of innovative approaches, initiatives and projects. • Monitors and communicates the developments in the external environment and how they may translate into scenarios with commercial significance.
• Proactively influences the political environment through continuous lobbying and cooperation with the industry associations, either directly or through colleagues.
• Together with counterparts in Commercial and Medical, provides strategic leadership for Sweden, as a member of the Country Leadership Team.
• Leads and develops the local Market Access team in Sweden. Engages, motivates and coaches the team and individuals, to realize their maximum performance and potential.
• Ensures qualitative and quantitative input into budget, strategic and operational planning.
• As a member of MAX & EA Leadership team, contributes to building the MAX & EA function and teams, strategic decision making and prioritizations, across the Nordic markets.
• Supports compliance in all interactions throughout the organization and maintains continuous liaison with the Regional and local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities are in line with internal and external policies.
For more information please contact: